DC Fashion Week 2016
This summer, I had the pleasure of shooting DC designer Fordam Rowe's first fashion show.
• Using a Canon 70-200 II for 7 hours without a tripod is a rough, tiring, but rewarding experience.
• Being backstage at a fashion show all day is tough. Lots of egos, opinions, moods, languages, and little time to sift through them creates an unprecedented challenge.
• Always be prepared to shoot something. With a dozen well-dressed models just walking around, pretty much every single situation can be photogenic.
• We were lucky enough to get to do some fashion portraits before the runway, which will be featured in Elegant Magazine's upcoming February issue.
• And last but not least, always use a contract.